So here I am on phase 2 of John Thornhill’s Partnership to Success Program – product creation.
This week was all about coming up with ideas for a niche, by considering the following:
- All my blog topics so far
- 10 things I think I’m good at
- 10 things other people tell me I’m good at
- 10 things I enjoy doing
- 10 of my favourite websites
- 10 topics I’m interested in but know little about
For the 10 things other people tell me I’m good at, I went to Facebook and surveyed my friends; this was certainly a ‘feel good exercise’, as the feedback was very complimentary – however, I was mainly given general traits, such as ‘listening’ and ‘patience’ – not really skills I could bace a product on. Maybe I should have asked a better question?
I struggled to come up with 10 favourite websites so, instead, I looked at my email subscriptions to guide me to the topics I was clearly most interested in.
Even though I am behind in my weeks and super keen to catch up, I deliberately didn’t rush this exercise; because I wanted time for my subconscious mind to come up with as many ideas as possible…and here are the results of my musings:
- Computer training / troubleshooting (sub niche – older users)
- Repurposing content (PLR / Public domain)
- Finding / using public domain software
- Personal development (time management / mindset)
- Investing (paid membership site?)
- Creating / selling software products
- Creating video courses
- Public speaking at events (public speaking for profit)
- Content creation (for membership sites?)
- Growing your business through passive income (including list building)
- Ebook / Kindle book publishing
- Joint venturing for fun and profit
- Using the internet to save money
- Affiliate marketing (via product reviews / paid membership sites – think Which? magazine)
- Getting things done / getting organised
- 4th Dimension / spiritual – manifesting the life you desire
- Selling physical products online
- Outsourcing to save time and make money
It will be interested to see where this information leads…it’s all a bit confusing right now; so I’m telling myself to just trust the process and all will become clear in future weeks. Let’s hope I’m right!